Monday, September 8, 2014

To sum it up.....

Tonight....I finished up all my school work. I felt accomplished in all I had to do in order to be ready for tomorrow.
And yet, as always there was something missing. I felt remiss.. My days feel empty if I don't do something for Athena.
Why is that?
Why is there a part of me that feels unsatisfied if I don't reach out to you Athena?
I feel this tug, this pull, at my soul, my heart strings, when I don't think about you before I lay myself down at night.
Something changes in you, alters you forever when you become a parent.
It doesn't have to be monumental, in the sense that you like discover the cure for cancer for your child or anything.
It can be something so mundane, so trivial, but without it, you are incomplete.  
As a parent I now understand so much, see so much that I didn't before.
I honestly can't grasp, can't comprehend how any parent could go a single day without speaking to their child! Reaching out to their child.....hearing their child...feeling their child...
To sum it up  Athena....I wish I could shield you ...I could protect you from everything I know...I see, I live.
But I can't. I cannot possibly prevent you from feeling all of life's realities...you are a product of my own decisions and for that I am sorry. But I am NOT sorry that we are where we are...
To sum it all up
HERE
WE
ARE
And
Honestly
There
IS
NOWHERE
IN THE
WORLD
I
WOULD
RATHER
BE
THAN
HERE
WITH
YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment